At STM Fidecs, we aim to be the advisers of choice for cross-border investors, entrepreneurs and expatriates on protecting and growing their investments. We do this through innovative and impartial financial solutions, explained in language that you understand.
Once we have found the best solution for you, we endeavour to implement our advice, our objective being to develop a long-term professional relationship, based on mutual trust. Our skilled, trained and motivated people subscribe to a "can do" philosophy, resulting in repeat and referred business from a wide portfolio of satisfied clients.
STM Fidecs Core Values
We believe that, to offer you the best possible service, we must strive to demonstrate:
- Integrity: we will remain honest, ethical, open and respectful in dealings with clients and within the firm and expect the same in return. There must be transparency in actions and activities, coupled with confidentiality, discretion and loyalty. We think long term. Our relationships with our clients are long term (and sometimes last through several generations), and are not built on making “a fast buck”. Reputation is our most precious asset. Our collective reputation can be ruined by the actions of one member of the firm. If it doesn’t feel right, we don’t do it!
- Professionalism and quality: our people are guided by the principle of “what’s worth doing is worth doing well. If you’re not going to put your best effort into it, don’t start it”. Human nature means that mistakes will be made, but they will be accepted where this principle has been applied. We instill a sense of pride in doing a good job, ensuring quality of communication, service and advice. “Forewarned is forearmed”, in other words; it’s up to everyone to foresee future opportunities and problems, in their sphere of operation, both for the benefit of our clients and for the firm. Our staff ensure that they are up to date with relevant key issues, both practical and technical. This frequently leads to their gaining further professional qualifications, whilst maintaining an active programme of Continual Professional Education (CPE).
- One single firm: we share a single brand and so share the same reputation. We challenge the outside world, not each other. Loyalty to the firm and fellow employees gives our people the right to expect help and support from them, when they need it. The firm is democratic and every member of the firm has the right to be heard.
- Respect: we share a self belief for our clients, our fellow workers and the management of the firm, with a sense of pride in the firm, its activities and achievements. We rejoice in the successes of others and believe where fortune has favoured you, share your rewards with those who are less fortunate. The firm is happy to contribute money, skills and time to charitable projects. Wherever possible, we try to add value to our clients’ wealth or business.
- Humility: we accept that we do not have all the answers, we are prepared to listen and never stop learning to develop ourselves and others. We know that mistakes are made, but use them to learn and develop ways of reducing risk in the future. We say sorry when we’re wrong. We are proud to show and share with others what a fund of knowledge, skill and experience we have under one roof. That’s why we tell people outside about our firm and the things we’re good at.
For further information on STM Fidecs, please contact us or telephone on Gibraltar (+350) 200 42686.